Some of them thinks red chilly pickle is very spicy, but it is not very spicy, because of the ingredients which we add. Tried the recipe and taste with hot rice and ghee, its very tasty, all the pickle lovers love it.
Red chilly pickle.Some of them thinks red chilly pickle is very spicy, but it is not very spicy, because of the ingredients which we add. Tried the recipe and taste with hot rice and ghee, its very tasty, all the pickle lovers love it.Mohana Lakshmi
Red chillies not dry chillies
Ground nut oil
Dry red chilly pieces
Saipappu(black gram layer removed)
- Clean the red chillies with water and dry them on the cloth under the fan, after drying, clean them with cloth with out any wet.
- After that cut the red chillies in to pieces and grind them with salt and turn it in to a pickle jar and add the tamarind, turmeric powder to it and sock it for 24 hours.
- After socking mix the ingredients well and remove the tamarind seeds and other tamarind scrap.Roast the fenugreek seeds lightly and grind in a mixer jar.
- Add some ginger cloves to the red chilly paste and grind it again and turn it in to a large dry bowl.
- Heat the one liter oil and add dry red chilly pieces, bengal gram, saipappu,mustard,fenugreek seeds,garlic cloves, after fry add the hing and turn of the stove and cool the oil for room temperature.
- Add the fenugreek powder, turmeric powder to the pickle and mix well and lastly add the cooled oil and mix it well and turn in to the pickle jar and store it in a dry place.
- The pickle is very tasty with rice and idly, dosa also.